Friday, September 11, 2009

On Adversity and Honor

This is the first installment of my new blog. I reflect on one of my friends. She is going through a tough time. She has lost someone close to her, and I think it eats her up in the quiet moments. She is also homesick. The quiet time is her Nidhogg, devouring her Worldtree. But we are not very close, so I will not be able to tell her that it will be alright. Tell her that there is an eagle atop her world tree, and on that eagles brow is Vedurfolnir. Storm-calmed or Storm-bleached. That each adversity creates strength.

Forgive the metaphor, but apt. She is strong, I think, but feels that she is not strong alone.

Another friend is lonely, she thinks everyone is out to avoid her. She seems very concerned that people don't want to be around her. Life seems very chaotic and lonely. She has noticed that others avoid her. How can I respond? She is sometimes negative. This should not be seen as a weakness, but is often thought so. She is critical, and perhaps my advice is that it is unjust that our world praises the Honorless flatterer and deplores the Honorable Critic.

This is a shame. If she chooses the right path, her loneliness will continue. She must learn to enjoy it to be weathered clean by the storm.

Today's Rune is Ing, on Freyjadagur. Seeds placed are coming to fruition, especially when it comes to love, passion, or magic. Your Fylgia are returning with good news. What you have sown can be reaped with passion and joy. The Lord rests within the Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment